Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Not only because of the great food and day-after sales... even though all of that is great! I love spending time with family and just thinking of all I am thankful for. I love thinking of all God has blessed me with and all he has brought me through. Just saying that I am "thankful" is not enough.

This is our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple and I just love it! Right now we are in Memphis at my aunt and uncle's house. My granny and cousins and their kids are here. We have had a great time. I made my very first sweet potato casserole (my favorite Thanksgiving food) and my first batch of deviled eggs. It was all very good.. atleast that is what Josh said! Ha! We will be leaving here in a couple of hours to go spend some time with Josh's family.

Tomorrow morning I am getting up at 4:30 a.m. to go shopping on Black Friday. Every year I go, and every year I say it's my last but here we go again! I have already checked out the sale papers and have a few things I know I am getting for sure. I am very excited!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! I know it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle & bustle of things but just try to sit back and think of all you are thankful for. Be sure to thank God for it all .. I mean, where would we be without him ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment