Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Josh had a baseball game today and he got to pitch. He started out the game and did very good! They didn't win.. but they almost pulled through the last inning. The umpire made some really bad calls that lost them the game. I was planning on taking some pictures and some video of Josh pitching but when I got there, I realized the battery in my camera was dead. I hate it when that happens!! We didn't know they were coming but Josh's parents came to the game! Afterwards, they came over to see our apartment for the first time. I had a roast, potatoes & carrots that had been cooking in the crock pot all day so they stayed for dinner. It was so nice to have them over! Kobe was very excited and hyper that we had company as well:)

Earlier today I was looking through one of the many cookbooks we got as wedding gifts. I love going through and just reading cookbooks even if I never make anything out of it! But I found one recipe that I had to try. So I made it today and it was soo good!! Josh just loved it also so I am sure I will be making it again:)
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

1 quart of vanilla ice cream, softened

1 cup of frozen whipped topping, thawed

2/3 cups of crunchy peanut butter

1 graham cracker crust (9 ounce)

Hot fudge topping or chocolate sauce (optional, but makes it really good!)

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until blended. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with fudge topping, if desired. Makes 8 servings.

For a "healthier" version, I made it with fat free, sugar free vanilla frozen yogurt. I also used fat free cool whip. It was still very, very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment