Tuesday, March 17, 2009

work...the lady in the green scarf...and a trip to the ER.

This past weekend was crazy busy! It was a good one but ended on a bad note. Friday morning I left Pulaski around 7:30 like I normally do every Friday morning. I finally got to work at 9:45 and worked until 6:30. It wasn't a very long day at all! I met up with my mom at Opry Mills and we did a little shopping. She had a coupon for Old Navy for 30% off and she wanted to buy me a few springy things so I let her :) I love everything I got! I got a cute springy orange and white scarf, a cute purse with pink flowers, some really really cute flip flops, and a cute pair of pajamas!! Thank you mom!!!

The next morning I was back at the salon at 7:45 am and worked non-stop all day long. I didn't get off until 8pm. This is my typical weekend at work. I was SO exhausted, especially since I have still have not gotten caught up on my sleep since the trip. Don't get me wrong though, I am not complaining at all!! I am very very very thankful for my job and all my clients! They are so good to me. Before the wedding I was worried about how this was going to work out.. me only working 2 days a week and paying all the bills.. But it has been great! Every single week I have made enough money to keep all the bills paid and even have some extra left over ;) It really makes me thankful especially during these times with so many people losing their jobs. It was almost 10pm when I finally got home on Saturday night. Josh is such a sweetheart, he makes sure everything is all clean when I get home from work on the weekends! It is so nice to come home to a clean home!

Sunday morning we got up and went to church. We went to the Church of God that we go to while we are here in Pulaski. It was really good! Afterwards, we went to this Mexican restaurant that has a buffet on Sundays. It was very busy and very good! When we were leaving the restaurant, we drove by his school and saw that Confessions of a Shopaholic was playing at the Martin!! Well, I have been just dying to see this movie and luckily we were driving by just as it was starting!! It was sooo good! Josh even liked it:) It will definitely be one that I will buy and watch over and over again. I bought the book at the airport on my way home from Costa Rica.. I have only read a few pages but what I have read is really good so far!

After the movie we went home for a little while. We only had a couple of hours before Maury Davis was going to be preaching at a church out here and we wanted to go see him. While we were waiting, we decided to go to the driving range to hit some golf balls. We took Kobe along because we knew he would have so much fun! This next picture is kinda funny!! You can tell that Josh is concentrating so hard on taking this pic that he forgot to smile! ha! Love him!!
As we were getting into the car, I noticed that Kobe had stepped into a huge ant hill. I was scared that they were going to bite him so we got a towel and started wiping him off. When we got in the car, I noticed one tiny fire ant was on my hand and it bit me! It hurt so bad! I didn't think much of it.... Well, a couple of minutes later my whole hand started to itch.... then a couple of minutes later my whole body started to itch.... then a couple of minutes later I felt all the blood rush to my head, I got soooo hot and had a pounding headache all of a sudden! I was telling Josh how I was feeling and we were laughing about it because we didn't think it was anything serious. Then my face started to tingle and I looked in the mirror and my face and chest had turned the darkest red color ever! Now I was starting to freak out. I told Josh to call him mom because she is a nurse and I knew she would know what to do. She told us to get some benadryl. We were right by the dollar general so Josh went in to get some. Well, they didn't have the pills. All they had was the cream and that is not what I needed. So Josh called some number that his mom gave him and this man told him to take me to the emergency room. We almost didn't go because I have heard how expensive it can be but I am so glad we did. When we pulled into the parking lot, I felt my lips starting to swell! They felt huge! Then when we got inside I felt my eyes starting to swell. Josh was filling out my paperwork so I went to the bathroom... That's when I saw how I really looked and I noticed I was getting a rash with welps on my whole body!! I was itching like crazy! They got me right in and gave me some medicine and a steroid shot. After about 30 minutes that still was not helping. The rash was getting worse and spreading to my forehead! So they came in and gave me an epi shot and that started helping within just a few minutes. They were trying not to give me that shot because of all the side effects. They said it will make you very nervous and make your heart rate go up. Well, after about a minute after getting the shot, my whole body started to shake and wouldn't stop for over an hour... I felt like I was on crack or something!!! (Not that I know what that is like but if I could imagine!) After a couple of hours at the ER they finally let me leave. I am so thankful that I went to the doctor when I did because I am sure the next thing that would have started to swell would be my throat and I would not have been able to breathe. It was very very scary but Josh took good care of me:) Whats crazy is that I didn't even know I was allergic to anything!! I am going to get an epi pen to carry with me everywhere just in case this ever happens again. Btw Josh INSISTED that he take my picture so he could send it to everyone. Thanks, sweetie! haha!
I am now taking medicine for the next 10 days because they said I could rebound and that the symptoms could come back. The bad thing is that this medicine is not letting me sleep at night! I went to sleep pretty fast last night but woke up at like 3am this morning and never went back to sleep. Not even for 5 minutes. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get caught up on my rest??? OH and we missed Maury's sermon :(


  1. oh my GOODNESS! i can't believe that about the ants! that's terrible!

  2. Oh my goodness Rachel, the same exact thing happened to my aunt after a ladybug flew in her ear and bit her!! I am so scared of allergic reactions because I had one to medicine, to think you can have one from aunts and ladybugs is really scary! Im glad you are better and I hope yall have a Happy Easter!