Friday, May 28, 2010

a new look :)

Our house was built in 1970 but luckily the previous owners had just replaced all of the doors and windows before we bought it. Our front door is a nice door and it has a nice glass door in front.... But I was not crazy about the color of the door and the gold hardware on the glass door. So what does that mean?? Paint it!! Here is the before (it wasn't bad.. just not what I wanted): Here is the now:

I painted it red!! I also spray painted the hardware on the glass door with Rustoleum's oil rubbed bronze. It has started to chip a tad so I am trying to figure out what to do about that...any suggestions? Our porch looks a lot better since the hubby pressure washed it and I am in LOVE with our light fixture :) Here is an up close of my flowers!
I love having a little flag in my flower pots. Not only because of Memorial Day and 4th of July coming up but it just makes me think SUMMER TIME!! :)

There are still LOTS we want to do to our house outside. Things on my list for this summer:

landscaping
lay a new sidewalk
make flower boxes for my front windows
plant LOTS of flowers

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! Stay safe :)

2 comments:

  1. The fixups on your porch really brighten it up and I love the red door! My yard decor style is the more flowers, the better! I have almost all of mine in planters on the deck because of the ravenous deer and elk here. Have fun with your house!

    ReplyDelete