Friday, December 31, 2010

Bring on 2011

I hate to say this...but I will be happy to say goodbye to 2010 and say hello to 2011!!! This year was pretty tough in several different ways that I will not go into BUT it has given me a new perspective on things for this next year :)

I have several New Year's resolutions.. I don't know if you could really call them "New Year's" resolutions because I have already started doing these things before the New Year has even gotten here. I figure if there are things that need to change...why wait til a certain day, let's just get on with it now!!

{these are in no particular order}
1. Work out and eat healthy!!! I know I say this every year...but this year it's gotta happen!! Josh and I both need to lose some pounds so we joined a gym a couple of weeks ago & we already feel so much better. It is SO much easier to work out & eat healthy when you have someone who is doing it with you and motivating you :)

2. From now on, I am going to enjoy each day- day to day. No more looking in the past or looking forward to the future to things that I want.....I am going to enjoy each day God has given me!!

3. I want to get organized. Big time. We have already been working on that this week actually. The hubby has been building some shelves in our basement so we can store totes and different things. It is going to be soooo nice! I even got SO excited when I bought some totes the other day made just for Christmas ornaments!! Anything that makes my life easier & more organized makes me very happy :)

4. Bills. Bills. Bills. I want them paid off & I want to save more money! Hopefully Josh will get that job (interview in a few weeks so please be praying!!!) so it will be much easier to do this. We have a few medical bills recently that has put us behind. We also have a couple of other smaller loans we had to take out that we need to pay off.

5. I want to be a better person. A better wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to help people more. I want to always remember that no matter what is going on in life- there is always someone out there who has it much worse so I want to not be so consumed in my "stuff" and start helping others more.

6. Last, but NOT least, I want to read my bible more and pray more. It seems like life gets so busy sometimes that I do not do these two as much as I should. I want to have a closer relationship with God & I am the only thing keeping that from happening. . but that is going to change :)

So bring on 2011!!!!! I hope this year brings some pretty amazing things our way and your way too :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your resolutions. With God's help, you will be able to achieve them all. I love you bunches!! Mom

    ReplyDelete