Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

This has been a VERY eventful weekend :)

Friday I went to the Heart to Heart women's retreat that my mom put together for all of the pastor's wives across the state. The retreat was actually Thursday through Saturday but I could only go on Friday. It was SO much fun & I had a great time with some wonderful ladies! We had makeovers, a fashion show, some crafts, and lots of good food & laughs. It was such a blessing to be there and to hear stories and devotionals from some awesome women. My mom did SUCH a good job putting it all together. I would have loved to be there the whole time!

We had a craft time where we made some super cute vases. 
 This was mine:
SUPER easy and cheap to make and sooo cute! All you do is get a clear vase and some acrylic paint. My mom found a bunch of vases at Goodwill. You put some paint in the bottom of your vase and start slowly swirling it around. You can add more paint when you see you need to. I am putting mine in the salon. My salon walls are painted the blue color and I am wanting to add pops of orange :)

So, Friday on my way to the retreat my car window decided to come off track and fall completely down into the door. UGHHHH! My car has been giving us problems lately...like it just dies when I am driving down the road all the time. Josh has replaced the starter and the fuel pump and it is still doing it. We are also looking for a new vehicle because I am soooo done messing with mine. Well, it rained a lot this weekend so I had to put a trash bag on the door!!! It was pretty embarrassing! 
 Driving to church on Sunday.....the funniest part is when you have to peek under the trash bag to see if anyone is coming!!!! Ha!
Soooo...Sunday was Mother's Day :) Josh and I are SO blessed to have such wonderful moms. They are so   loving and giving and Godly examples and we love them so so much!!!!
Something happened on Mother's Day, though, that really put a damper on the day. While we were all in church Sunday morning someone broke into Josh's granny's house and stole her TV and all of her jewelry :( We are talking about jewelry that is soooo precious to her that belonged to her mom and grandmother...pearls from the 1930's and many many other special pieces. This is so heartbreaking. Josh's granny is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and would do anything for anyone at any time. The person who did this is just scum to me. 

We were all planning on going over to his granny's house for lunch and so we did anyway and ended up having a great day together. I think having everyone there really helped her alot.


Uncle Josh feeding Ava some ice cream
They even got Josh a cake for graduating EMT school!
Me and my beautiful mom!!! I love her so much! Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment