Monday, February 9, 2009

GOD IS SO GOOD!

I have some amazing news to share! If you read my latest blog, then you know that God has been dealing with me about going on a missions trip. I really wanted to go to Costa Rica but it is so soon & I didn't have the money to go. So Josh and I prayed about it and decided that if it was God's will for me to go then he would provide a way. Well, after thinking about it for a couple of days I decided that I was not going to go because I didn't think that $1000 was just going to land in my lap. Little did I know, God was already working on it and had much bigger plans!

Saturday I was at work and I was telling one of my friends how I wanted to go on this trip but it was too soon to raise enough money. Well, a couple of hours later I got a phone call at the salon. It was one of Meredith's clients who was in the salon while I was telling my story and overheard me talking. She said that after she left the salon she couldn't stop thinking about it and she just knew that God was telling her to give me the money for my trip!!! I was in complete shock! She told me how missions is her passion and that she has been on 5 missions trips. She has had people sponsor her before and she wanted to bless someone the way she had been blessed. So yesterday I went to her house to pick up the check! We talked for a long time and she is so sweet! She showed me all her pictures she had taken on the trips she has gone on.

It is just so amazing how God works things out when it seems to be impossible! If you just put all your trust in him, he will take care of you. Sometimes that is hard to do because we want to be in control but if we just let him take over, he will work it out the way things are supposed to be!

I still cannot even believe I am going to Costa Rica on March 5th! I am sooo thankful that I do not even have words to describe it & I just cannot wait to see what God has in store for this trip. It is going to be SO awesome! I don't even know what to expect because I have never been on a missions trip before but I do know we are going to be doing a lot of street evangel & a lot of things for kids. AHH:) I just can't wait!

I bought my airplane tickets last night and one thing that is kinda scary is that I am flying by myself! I hate to fly and now I am about to fly out of the country by myself!! All the other flights that everyone else is on was already full. BUT I do know that I will be ok and that God is going to take care of me. I mean, he is providing my way over there so I know he won't let me die on the way! Ha! I just feel sorry for whoever I sit by because I tend to grab onto whoever is beside me during turbulence!

So that is my awesome story about how God is so great! I can't wait to see what else he has in store :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Rachel!! God IS SO good!! I knew He would provide the money for you!

    ReplyDelete