Thursday, February 26, 2009

It is such a pretty day today that Josh and I decided to take Kobe to the park and have a picnic! We had so much fun. I am really soaking up this time that I am able to spend with them. We pretty much spend all of our time together.. I know that when we move back and are both working a lot, we will not be able to spend as much time together. We will be living the normal life!! But right now I am enjoying every minute I get :)

As some of you know, we have not been very happy with the lady we bought Kobe from. For starters, she got rid of him way too soon. She said that he was already eating on his own but he didn't even have teeth when we got him and we had to bottle feed him!! Then she took forever to give us his papers. Another pretty major thing is that we are not even sure that Kobe is the kind of dog she says he is!! He is supposed to be a shorkie... She says his dad is 1/2 yorkie and 1/2 shi tzu. His mom is a yorkie. She emailed me pictures but who knows if it was really his parents. When we got him he was only 4 1/2 weeks old, so I just figured he still had that "puppy" look and that is why he didn't look like a shorkie. I figured he would grow into it. Well, as he is getting older and bigger, he is STILL not looking like a shorkie! Don't get me wrong, I love him to death and would not change him for the world.. BUT I would still like to know really what breed of dog he is. I would like to know how big he is going to get. I know that he is definitely going to be bigger than the 4 1/2 lbs. she said he was going to be. So anyway, last night I decided to email her and ask her what kind of dog he really is!! She wrote me back and said the same thing she told me before... his dad is 1/2 yorkie 1/2 shi tzu. His mom is 1/2 yorkie. So I decided to do some major google research. Since he is mainly yorkie, I googled anything and everything about yorkies. I found out that their coat is not like fur. It is like real hair and gets longer with time. Which explains why his hair is growing but the funny thing is that it is growing in patches!!! He has longer white hairs on his chest which makes him look like he has man chest hair!! And he has a longer patch under his chin. And longer patches here and there. It is so funny! Another thing I learned is that their hair changes colors over time. His hair around his face is definitely changing.. So I am just going to give him some time... As he gets older and his hair gets longer and turns a different color, we will see what kind of dog he really looks like!! Haha

1 comment:

  1. how obnoxious of that woman! that puppy seems HUGE now! he's definitely gonna get bigger than 4 1/2 lbs. oh well, at least he's cute!

    ReplyDelete