Tuesday, March 31, 2009

blueberry muffin recipe

I love blueberry muffins! I normally just make the ones that come in the little pack that you mix with 1/2 cup of water. They are reeeeally good. But last week I decided to make some from scratch! I had some frozen blueberries in the freezer that Josh's mom gave me. They have been in there for a while and I had forgotten about them!! I found a recipe off www.allrecipes.com that sounded really good so I gave it a shot (btw, that is a really good website for recipes!). They turned out really good so I though I'd share it with everyone!

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

In a small bowl, mix milk and lemon juice; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. Add egg and oil to milk mixture; mix well. Gently stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F at 22-24 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.

I did make a couple of changes... I added about 1/2 cup of extra blueberries. Also, instead of 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, I used 1/4 cup of apple sauce to make it a little more healthy! You couldn't even tell a difference at all! Also, it says to bake for 22-24 minutes, but mine were done at 18 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment