Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A woman after God's own heart ♥

I am reading an excellent book right now! It is called A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. I would highly recommend it to any woman. Her husband Jim does the mans version and I plan on getting that for Josh to read. They also have A Husband/Wife After God's Own Heart, A Young Man/Young Woman After God's Own Heart, A Mom After God's Own Heart, and A Little Girl After God's Own Heart. I am sure they are all great!! Here is her website if you would like to check out all the other books she has written.

http://www.elizabethgeorge.com/george/default.asp?f=404

There is one chapter in this book that highlights some of my favorite scriptures in the bible. It is from the book of Proverbs.

"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life........ She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instruction with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all! (and my FAV scripture...) Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised!!! Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."

Proverbs 31:10-31 is a great example for any wife or mother to follow. None of us are perfect by any means!! So I thought I would share that with you because it has blessed me and I hope it will do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment