Thursday, July 9, 2009

my new bff & real-ly good bbq chicken

I love living back in Ashland City but there are a few things I miss about living in Pulaski. I miss sleeping in with my hubby every single day. I miss not having to do anything at all during the week but watch movies together. And I really miss not having to WORK ALL THE TIME! I told Josh last night to please win the lottery or something so I can be a stay at home wifey! I told him that if that would happen, than I would have everything clean & all the laundry done & a homemade meal would be ready when he walked in the door...just like it was while we lived in Pulaski. Now that we live back here, things are a lot different. The last two nights I have worked late and tonight I am working til almost 9!! Who wants to come home and cook that late when you have been working all day? Not me. So that is why my crock pot has become one of my new best friends.

This is the one that I have. It is big & I love it because we all know how much Josh can eat!

Yesterday I tried out a new recipe & it turned out really good so I thought I'd share :) It is called zesty slow cooker bbq chicken. I found it on allrecipes.com which is my favorite for finding new recipes.

6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce (I used K.C. Masterpiece)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I used zesty italian dressing)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

I only made 3 chicken breasts so I cut the ingredients in half. I also added in some chopped onions and a little garlic salt.

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

I'm telling you- it was good! Josh got home before me so he made the sides. So we also had tator tots and mac & cheese.......not what I would have made for the sides but you gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment