Friday, September 18, 2009

22 years later......

Sunday is going to be a BIG day at Gateway Assembly of God. It will be my parents last day there :( Yes, that's right. After 22 years of pastoring there, my dad has been called to move on. He will be working in the District office and will be overseeing new Assembly of God churches all across the state. I do not know exactly all that he will be doing but he will be "a pastor to all pastors". He will travel on the weekends and pastor at different churches all across the state.

I have such mixed emotions. I am very, very happy and excited for them for many reasons. But at the same time I am sad. It is going to be very weird there without them there. Josh and I will still go there... it is my home church and this is where we live. But I think it has just really hit me- the fact that I will not be going to church with my family. That is something I never thought would happen. Growing up as a preachers daughter, I just always assumed it would stay that way. But God has a different plan and that is why I am happy & excited for them. Because God's plan may not always be what we plan for and want at the time, but he knows what is best. So I put my trust in HIM. But it will still be hard :(

The good thing is that our former youth pastor, Greg and Sarah Owens, will take over for the next few months until our church finds a new pastor. This will make the transition a little easier for everyone because everyone already knows and loves Greg and Sarah.

So this Sunday, there is going to be a BIG celebration for my parents on their last Sunday at Gateway. It is going to be a great day with lots of different emotions. Please keep them and our church in your prayers as we go through this transition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment