Monday, September 14, 2009

i. hate. paint.

I used to love to paint. So since we have rented for the past year, you can imagine how excited I was to be able to paint our new home, right? Right. The first few days I loved it! Well, we are on day 17 and it is still not all done. DAY SEVENTEEN. Okay, we have not painted our house all 17 days.... but when I am not at our house painting, I am at work painting people's hair.

Our original plan was to paint everything before we moved in. But it is taking SO long!! We had to prime all the trim and baseboards...then 2 coats of paint. Paint all the ceilings. Prime 2 of the rooms. Then, 2 coats of paint on all of the rooms. Not to mention, we are completely re-doing all of the kitchen cabinets!! This could take months!! So now I think our plan is just to get the kitchen, living room, and our bedroom done. The rest can be done after we move in a little at a time. So I think we are moving in this weekend!

We have gotten a lot done though. When I say "we" I mean, me and my mom!! I do not know what I would have done without her help!! She has been there every minute I have been there- plus more- helping me and I am sooo thankful! So thank you soooo much, mom! I love you!!

Josh has not helped much because he has been working in our basement on a little project :-) More to come on that!

Anyway, hope yall have a great week! I am off to paint some more....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new house!!! Post some pictures of those kitchen cabinets for me :). Thanks for great paint job and color on me last week! You ROCK!

    Blessings,

    Andrea Wilson

    ReplyDelete