Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hope

It has happened again. Another suicide. This time it is a girl who was close to Josh's family- she graduated from Harpeth with my brother and sister in law. My heart breaks for this family & her little boy and all of her friends. Ever since I heard the news, I have felt drawn to pray for this family like no other...so that is what I have been doing. Losing someone you love is without a doubt the worst feeling in whole world. But when you lose that special person because of them taking their own life.... there are so many different emotions. It just reminds us all again that we never know what someone else is really going through- so we, as Christians, should continually be praying for our family & friends.

So what now? Where do we go from here? We can't go back and change anything but we can change the future. This is one of my favorite scriptures in the whole bible. This scripture got me through so many sleepless nights. God spoke to me using this scripture & I hope he speaks to you too.

..for we should rejoice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, and perseverance produces character, and character produces hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5

Please keep the Gentry family in your prayers. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Tera! We used to cheer together! I am still praying for her family!! Especially her little boy! I can not imagine! :(

    ReplyDelete