Sunday, March 21, 2010

faith

I was reading my bible this week on having faith and I came upon these scriptures..

Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours." Mark 11:22-24 (New Living Translation)

I have been thinking of this scripture all week and trying to apply it to my life but sometimes it is really hard to have faith. When things do not go the way we think they should, its easy to get frustrated. Well, tonight we were in women's ministry at church and our new pastors wife was talking about having faith during hard times and what verse does she read? Mark 11:22-24! It is the best feeling when you know God is speaking to you :)

So from now on if I am praying about something I will not have any doubt. I'm going to thank the Lord in advance for answering my prayers because I have faith that he will!

Another favorite :) .....

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing.. I love that verse.. my daughters middle name is "Faith"... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete