Monday, March 28, 2011

yarn & fabric flower wreath

I have been seeing these really cute yarn & fabric flower wreaths all over the place so I decided to give it a try! It was pretty easy but took some time wrapping the yarn. All of the tutorials I have seen said to use a styrofoam wreath but it was $8 at Michael's and this straw one was only $2.....so that is what I bought but let me tell you how messy it was!!! As I was trying to wrap the yarn, the straw kept falling out everywhere! Josh was watching me wondering what in the world I was doing..... Hahaha!!!

Soooo it takes some time to wrap it all but its very easy.....
 Then you make some cute rosette flowers made from scrap fabric and hot glue those on and this is what you have! .....
 I hung it in the salon and I love the color combo. These are definitely my favorite colors right now! 

Here is a close up of the flowers..... I used some white & zebra fabric I had leftover from a different project.....I knew I wanted some blue also BUT I didn't have any blue  fabric so I found an old blue shirt and just cut it up! The hubby was really thinking I was crazy at this point! Ha.
One more close up of it all.... I cut 3 strips of the blue fabric & braided it all together to hang it. I am really happy with the way it turned out!

The Girl Creative


The DIY Show Off


Photobucket

The Lettered Cottage

The Girl Creative

9 comments:

  1. Super cute wreath! I just found your blog since you're the winner from Jamie's giveaway.
    I have made a couple of wreaths using straw wreaths and the tutorials I have followed have always said to just leave the plastic wrap on them so it doesn't shred. I assume that would've work with your wreath too. It has worked for mine both times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors - what a great transition to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. It looks great in the shop! Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rachel,
    I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE THE LORD...SO DO I.
    Your blog is oozing with sweetness.. I collect purses and shoes also.
    I became a friend/follower and would love for you to visit me and become a friend/follower.
    Kobe is soooooo very adorable.
    Have A Sugar Sweet Day
    Hugs
    Simply Debbie
    I am soooo happy at such a young age YOU ARE DEBT FREE but I am sad your husband sold his boat. I was born with a fishing pole in my hand and there was nothing more divine than racing across the lake in Daddy's bass boat to get to the right fishing spot...bass...bass...bass...no better fish.
    I believe because he was willing to give up something he loved so you could be debt free, the Lord will bless him when he least expects it with a new one...LET ME KNOW WHEN HE RECEIVES THAT MIRACLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. silly me...
    your wreath is so cute...you did an awesome job
    Have A Sugar Sweet Day
    Hugs
    Simply Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. And I was going to suggest that you just leave the plastic wrap on the wreath to avoid the mess but someone else beat me to it:) I love the colors too!
    XO,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!!

    Rachel & Sarah- leaving the plastic wrap on is a GREAT idea!! I will do that next time for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my..how cute...love those colors!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love that wreath!
    your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete