Monday, May 7, 2012

Our raised bed garden!

Josh built me a raised bed garden this year and I am loooving it :) I love going outside to water it and to just watch it grow. He filled it with good dirt because the dirt we have around here is terrible. I planted tomatoes, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, banana peppers and cucumbers. I am pretty sure I planted way too much but oh well! It has grown so much since I first planted everything. Here it is when I 1st planted everything:
 And here it is just 10 days later!!!
 I went out there yesterday and guess what I found?!! A tiny bell pepper :) :) I was so excited!
 I also have tons of cherry tomatoes already :)
I planted some lettuce the other day in a huge pot....not sure if it is going to work out though. I have heard you need to plant lettuce early but then I have had several people with gardens tell me to go on and still plant it. So I did! We shall see :) I only paid $4 for the seeds so I am not out much. 

I also have some herbs I need to plant in pots. I have basil, oregano, rosemary, cilantro, and orange mint that will be good in tea.

 We want to have a really big garden one day. Big enough to eat off of and also big enough to can or freeze some things for the winter. But our garden now is a good starting point :)

1 comment: