Thursday, April 15, 2010

girls weekend getaway

Last weekend me and my mom went on a girls trip to Chattanooga :) We had so much fun! Chattanooga is THE cutest little town. The main reason we went was to go to a Joyce Meyer conference and let me tell you- I just love her! She will tell you like it is! She talked about getting rid of the "clutter" in our life (which is what I have been doing today around our house:) ) and keeping God first.

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him.I no longer count my righteousness through obeying the law: rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. Philippians 3:8,9

The praise and worship was so good! It was led by Delirious. I bought their CD and really like it.

We actually got really good seats both days. We sat right behind the deaf section and I could not help but watch them and their interpreter. It really showed me what all we take for granted. I know I complain about not having the things exactly the way I want them but here are these people who do not have their hearing and they are still worshiping and praising the Lord! Really made me think..
The craziest thing happened. The first night when we got our seats and sat down, I looked over to my right and just a few seats over was the lady I used to work for at my old salon and her daughter!! I had no clue they were going to be there and to sit almost right by them without even knowing! It was so good to see her :) Me and my mom during a couple of photoshoots :) Ha


Before we left to come back home, we had to stop at Sticky Fingers :) They have my favorite southern meal- bbq, baked beans, and SWEET tea! Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment