Wednesday, April 7, 2010

slow cooker cheese stuffed meatballs & sauce

My hubby loves spaghetti and meatballs. I have only made them one time (and I wasn't crazy about the recipe) until last night and let me tell you, they were SO good! I used this recipe by Paula Deen. There are a few reasons I loved it-

1. You cook it in a slow cooker for 5 hours so when I got off work last night all I had to do was boil my noodles & cook the garlic bread.
2. They are stuffed with mozzarella CHEESE!!
3. It was soo easy and soo good!
Yummmm :) You can still see the steam. A few things I changed about the recipe. For one, I cut the recipe in half. It calls for 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground pork. I only used ground beef because that was all I had and it was still good. Also, instead of using fresh mozzarella, I used shredded mozzarella. And when I put it all in my crock pot, I also added garlic, onions, and mushrooms. (Josh doesn't like mushrooms so I use the big ones so I can pick them out for me :) ) Anyway, I will definitely be making this again!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so YUMMY!!! I think I could eat that right now for breakfast. I'll be trying this very soon!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete